Vicks VapoRub has been present and used for more than hundred years for treating headaches, cold, cough, congested nose, chest and throat stuffiness. It is one of the most widely used over-the-counter-decongestants. However, Vicks VapoRub can do so much more than this. In this article, you can read 21 more amazing uses of Vicks you haven’t heard about.
1. Puts Off Mosquitoes If you want to keep mosquitoes away, apply a little bit of Vaseline on your clothing and skin. How to Use Vicks VapoRub to Get Rid of Accumulated Belly Fat and Cellulite, Eliminate Stretch Marks and Have Firmer Skin
2. Sinus Headaches If you are suffering from sinus headaches, do this trick immediately. Apply Vicks under your nose and take a deep breath. The menthol from Vicks will help you calm your headache.
3. Ease Acne You may not believe it, but Vicks can aid you clean your skin. You just need to apply it on your acnes a few times daily. It will dry out your acne and sooth the affected area.
4. Keep Insects Away Do this by rubbing Vicks VapoRub on your neck, inner knees, elbows, and behind your ears. Also, if you want to keep flies away while on a picnic, just open the Vicks bottle. Additionally, this is the best eco-friendly trick.
5. No More Bruises If you combine a pinch of salt in Vicks VapoRub and apply it on a fresh bruise, it will help you get rid of it quickly. How to Use Vicks VapoRub to Get Rid of Accumulated Belly Fat and Cellulite, Eliminate Stretch Marks and Have Firmer Skin
6. Alleviate Sore Muscles Start by massaging your sore muscles with Vicks. Then, cover that area with a warm and dry towel. Lie down or lift the sore limb until the pain reduces. Do this three times daily.
7. Moisturize Your Skin If you have dry skin, rub Vicks VapoRub on your skin and you’ll see the positive results.
8. Tennis Elbow If you want to get rid of the pain form tennis elbow, apply Vicks and the menthol and camphor will help you ease the pain. Rub again until the ache stops.
9. Treat Cracked Heels Apply some Vicks on your feet and heels and then put on your socks. The next morning wash your feet with warm water. Exfoliate the softened skin with pumice stone. Do this every night to keep your feet healthy and smooth.
10. Fingernail or Toenail Fungus Apply Vicks on the infected toenail or fingernail twice daily. Then, put on your socks. Don’t forget to trim your nails until you completely remove the infected part.
11. Relieve Congestion Symptoms and Cough To do this, apply Vicks on your throat and chest.
12. Prevent Your Cat’s Scratching If you want to stop your cat’s scratching, rub some Vicks to your windows, walls, and doors.
13. Fast Healing of Cuts and Splinters Apply Vicks on any splinter or cuts to increase the time of healing and prevent infection.
14. Reek-free Racehorses Professional racers rub Vicks below the nostrils of racehorses on the race day. This prevents the horses from the fascinating stench of the female pony and keeps them focused on the race. How to Use Vicks VapoRub to Get Rid of Accumulated Belly Fat and Cellulite, Eliminate Stretch Marks and Have Firmer Skin
15. Stretch Marks If you want to decrease the visibility of the awful stretch marks, apply Vicks on the affected area. You will see the positive result after two weeks of regular application.
16. Prevent Your Pet’s Peeing To avoid your pet’s wetting on the rug or any area of the house, place an open bottle of Vicks in those areas.
17. Eczema-free Ease the inflammation and itchiness of eczema by applying Vicks on the affected skin.
18. Relieve Terrible Ear Pain Apply some Vicks on a cotton ball and then put it in the painful ear. You will notice relief immediately. You can also warm garlic clove in the microwave for 10 seconds and then apply some Vicks vapo rub on one of the ends of the clove and place it in your ear.
19. Athlete’s Feet Apply Vicks twice daily if you want to heal athlete’s feet.
20. Remove Warts Apply Vicks twice a day and cover it with gauze and a sock. You will feel better in just a few days. Continue to do this for about two weeks, until the wart disappears.
21. Fat Burning and Stretch Marks Removal Cream If you want to decrease localized fat and have the desired figure, use Vicks Vapo rub because it can help you. However, it cannot do miracle, but can stimulate fat burning in the problematic area, such as legs or abdomen. It can aid you fight fat accumulation, remove cellulite and stretch marks and make skin tissue firm. All you need to do is prepare a cream with Vicks VapoRub, camphor, baking soda and a little bit of alcohol. Apply the resulted cream in the problematic areas and cover with black plastic or a clamping strip. You can do this while you are at home, at work or before doing your exercises. How to Use Vicks VapoRub to Get Rid of Accumulated Belly Fat and Cellulite, Eliminate Stretch Marks and Have Firmer Skin VapoRub includes levomenthol, a solid white glass with mint flavor. If this component is used alone, it may lead to rash, but when dissolved in Vicks, it is completely safe because includes aucalyptus oil. Camphor is another used ingredient that can be harmful to health, so it is not recommended to use it directly, but in the commercial product packaging. Also, you need to use this home remedy along with a balanced diet and exercise. Needed ingredients: – Vicks VapoRub – Camphor – Sodium bicarbonate – Alcohol How to prepare it: Crush the average tablet camphor well and mix it with other ingredients until you get a paste. Place it in a plastic or glass container. Apply the resulted cream in the evening and make circular movements. Then, wrap the area with plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight. You can use this cream while staying at home or before doing your exercises.