Most of the strength training are good for shaping your body, however, not all moves have the same effects. For all of you who want to drop pounds—quickly— we advise you this 12-step workout.
How to do:
– Perform each exercise for 10 reps on the minute in order.
– Repeat twice for three total rounds,
– Rest for two minutes between each round.
- Marching Glute Bridge
Targets: glutes individually, stabilizing your core for increased activation throughout the exercise.
– Starting position – Laying on your back with your knees bent, with your arms by sides, palms up.
– Raising your hips with your body form a straight line from shoulders to knees
– Strengthening your abs raise your right knee towards your chest, stay in this position two seconds, then lower it in starting position
– Repeat with another leg to complete one rep.
- Rotating T-Extension
Targets: core-stabilizing muscles and shoulder
– Starting position – Start in a pushup position
– Keep your core engaged and your arms straight, shifting your weight onto your left arm,
– Rotating your torso to the right raise your arm toward the ceiling (forming T letter).
– Hold 2 seconds, then return to starting position
– Repeat on another side.
- Low Lateral Lunge
Targets: your hips, glutes and obliques
– Starting position – Standing with your feet about twice shoulder-width apart.
– Shifting your weight to your right leg, push your hips backwards and lower your body
– Keeping the same level, without standing, reverse the movement to the left
– That completes one rep.
- Single-Leg Deadlift
Works: your entire posterior chain (glutes and hamstrings) and challenges your
– Starting position – standing with a pair of dumbbells in front of you
– Keeping your knees slightly bend, bend at your hips.
– Lowering your torso come almost parallel to the floor, keeping your right leg in line with your body
– Return to the starting position, to complete one rep.
- Squat To Overhead Press
Targets: every major muscle group
– Starting position – With a pair of dumbbells held next to your shoulders
– Lowering your body come to the position with your thighs parallel to the floor.
– Standing up, press the dumbbells directly above your shoulders, to complete one rep.
- Lateral Plank Walk
Targets: your upper body (core included), which burns more calories
– Starting position – plank position.
– At once step your right foot and hand to your right.
– Then step your left foot and hand to the right so that you’re back in plank position
– Repeat by stepping your left foot and hand to the left, followed by your right hand and foot, to complete one rep.
- Alternating Shoulder Press
Targets: abs double time and toned shoulders.
– Starting position – standing with dumbbells next to your shoulders with your elbows bent.
– Raise each dumbbell one at a time, in an alternating motion
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Row
Targets: the muscles in your upper back. That’s key to weight loss.
– Starting position – Hold the dumbbells in your hand, bend your torso forward and knees slightly bent
– Pulling dumbbells toward waistline, squeeze your shoulder blades
– Lower the weights to the starting position
- Mountain Climber
Works: your abs and tire of your arms and legs too.
– Starting position – pushup position,
– Bring your right knee toward your chest
– Return to starting position
– Repeat with another foot, to complete one rep.
- Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift
Targets: the largest muscle groups in your body and improves your posture.
– Starting position – standing with the dumbbells with overhand grip in front of your thighs and knees slightly bent
– Bending your hips come with your torso almost parallel to the floor
– Make a short pause, then return to the starting position.
- Renegade Row
Works: your upper body, back, and core.
– Starting position – Adopt a pushup position with your hands on the weights
– Bending your right arm, raise the dumbbell to the chest level.
– Lower the weight to the floor, and then repeat by rowing the left dumbbell, to complete one rep.
- Squat Jacks
Targets: ramps up your heart rate and fatigues your muscles to the max.
– Starting position – stand with your feet hip-width apart, lower your body and bend your knees to almost 90 degrees
– Jumping your legs outward, immediately jump to bring them back to the starting position to complete one rep.